Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner Kentucky Gives Day requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Kentucky Gives Day and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a nonprofit elligible to receive tax-deductible gifts and will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I confirm that my organization is currently registered or is in the process of registering with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General (KYOAG) to legally raise funds in the state of Kentucky, as is required by Kentucky law. I am uploading proof of registration with KYOAG when signing up for Kentucky Gives Day or connect directly with KNN to confirm. I understand that it is my organization's responsibility to register with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General and provide proof to KNN prior to the deadline of April 14, 2020. I understand that if KNN cannot confirm my registration with the Attorney General prior to April 14, 2020, my organization will not be eligible to participate in Kentucky Gives Day.
- I understand that if my organization is not a current KNN member, I may join KNN or pay a one-time registration fee of $350. The membership dues investment or Kentucky Gives Day Registration fee is due within 24 hours of registration and may be paid via credit card or ACH withdrawal.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Kentucky Gives Day to the campaign to create a sense of statewide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that Kentucky Gives Day is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Kentucky Gives Day has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the Kentucky Gives Day link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote Kentucky Gives Day over the course of the 24 hour event using social media.
- I understand that only donations made through the Kentucky Gives Day portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the 24 hour event.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Kentucky Gives Day .
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donation will be disbursed within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.
- I understand to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers from GiveGab's payment processor, Stripe. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab has not heard from our organization in over 30 days, the donations will be refunded back to the donor.