As an nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner, KY Gives Day requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by KY Gives Day and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is an nonprofit eligible to receive tax-deductible gifts and will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I confirm that my organization is currently registered or in the process of registering with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General to legally raise funds in the state of Kentucky, as is required by Kentucky law. I understand that KNN will confirm my registration with the Attorney General prior to KY Gives Day.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to KY Gives Day to the campaign to create a sense of excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that KY Gives Day is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that KY Gives Day has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the KY Gives Day link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote KY Gives Day over the course of the 24 hour event using social media.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in KY Gives Day.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donation will be disbursed within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.