As a nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner of Kentucky Gives Day, Kentucky Nonprofit Network and our partner, GiveGab ask that you read and agree to the following terms that set forth the roles and responsibilities of all Kentucky Gives Day participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number for verification of our tax-exempt, charitable status.
- I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in Kentucky.
- I confirm that my organization is a current member of Kentucky Nonprofit Network through April 30, 2017. If our organization is not a current KNN member, I understand I may join KNN or pay a one-time fee at the time of registration to participate in 2017.
- I confirm that my organization is currently registered to solicit funds in Kentucky or will register with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General. Organizations not showing as registered with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General will not be permitted to participate on April 18, 2017.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Kentucky Gives Day to create a sense of statewide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that Kentucky Nonprofit Network is providing Kentucky Gives Day as a fundraising vehicle to benefit nonprofits in Kentucky and is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event, as donors choose where to make their charitable gifts.
- I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the Kentucky Gives Day link to one or both of these.
- I understand that my organization's fundraising success is greatly improved by active engagement of staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors promoting Kentucky Gives Day leading up to and over the course of the 24 hour event using social media and email.
- I understand that matching gift incentives have been noted by previous Kentucky Gives Day donors as important to their decision-making and will attempt to secure a matching gift and include information about this opportunity in communication with existing and potential donors.
- I understand that Kentucky Nonprofit Network and their partner, GiveGab, are making training and resources available to my nonprofit and confirm my organization will utilize these resources to be as successful as possible in our fundraising efforts on Kentucky Gives Day.
- I understand that donations may be made via the Kentucky Gives Day site starting on April 1, 2017 and these donations through 11:59 p.m. EST on April 18, 2017 will count toward the overall statewide giving totals. However, I understand that only donations made through the Kentucky Gives Day portal on April 18, 2017 from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. EST will count toward any prizes and incentives offered as part of the 24 hour event.
- I understand that accepting checks from donors and entering them online with our organization’s credit card (or any similar actions) violates the spirit of Kentucky Gives Day and confirm my organization will not engage in such practices.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, TV or radio, in addition to promoting my organization, I will also speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Kentucky Gives Day.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donors, as outlined in the FAQ.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees. I understand that checks will not be issued and providing bank routing information for automatic transfer is required for participation in Kentucky Gives Day.
- I understand that donors will receive a receipt generated from the GiveGab platform on my organization’s behalf.
- My organization will also engage in donor stewardship and acknowledgement to encourage long-term donor retention.